Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Congressman Mel Watt (D-NC) Refuses To Oppose Sharia In America

A constitutent of Congressman Mel Watt (D-NC) sent him a letter asking the congressman to introduce legislation to oppose establishing the Sharia (Islamic law) in any state or jurisdictions in America. Jihad Watch reports on his reply:

Thank you for your email about the establishment and practice of Islamic Sharia law in the United States.

The First Amendment of the United States Constitution guarantees the free exercise of religious principles. Therefore, I believe that the language proposed in your email would be unconstitutional and I would not support it.

I appreciate your input on this issue. If I or my staff can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,
Melvin L. Watt

Jihad Watch



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Unbelievable!!! And this guy has been a congressman since the 90's!! Who the hell is voting for this traitor?